21.11.12

Mary Talbot


Who are you?
Mary Talbot, freelance writer. I was an academic, but I gave up my day job.

What have you done/what are you doing?
My first graphic novel script, Dotter of her Father’s Eyes, is beautifully illustrated by the illustrious Bryan Talbot. It was published by Jonathan Cape in February this year (Dark Horse in USA) and its reception has been stunning. It’s one of Publishers’ Weekly’s five Best Graphic Novels in 2012 and it’s just been shortlisted for the 2012 Costa Biography Award.

I've recently completed a second graphic novel script. Sally Heathcote: Suffragette charts the fortunes of a maid-of-all-work as she’s swept up in the feminist activism of the Edwardian era. It is currently being illustrated by Kate Charlesworth, with Bryan doing the layouts and lettering. It looks awesome. Publisher: Jonathan Cape.

Three words that describe your favourite comics:
Stories in pictures?

Further info:
www.mary-talbot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment