3.11.11

Paul Scott

                  (picture by Bryan Coyle)

Who are you?
Hi, I'm Paul Scott, sometimes known as Paul von Scott, editor and writer of the award-winning Solar Wind and the critically acclaimed Omnivistascope.

My day job is working in a library, and my evening job is sculpting for Midlam Miniatures. Creating comics is a hobby and I've put out over 1000 pages of comics to date.

What have you done / what are you doing?
My work in comics can be divided into three easily summed-up episodes:

1. My first comic, Solar Wind, was a homage/spoof of 70's and 80's British Kids comics, the ones that you can no longer find on the newsagent's shelves. 

2. For the last 7 years I have been working on my science fiction comic Omnivistascope, a high quality book format anthology, featuring some incredible artwork.

3. For the future I will be working on stand alone collections, featuring characters and storylines I created from Omnivistascope, Solar Wind and beyond.

Why comics?
The comic 2000AD, from 1977-1987, was, unknown to most people, the greatest cultural achievement of western civilisation and it's influence has echoed through comics, books, films and beyond as a generation of fans turned onto 'thrill-power' have taken the comics influence with them into the wider world. It really was just the most amazing thing my teenage mind had ever come across, I discovered whole worlds, met strange and incredible people and I don’t think I've ever got over those levels of imagination, creativity and story telling.

Further info:
You can find me at www.omnivistascope.com and on facebook under Omnivistascope.

No comments:

Post a Comment