1.12.11

Mel Gibson


Who are you?
Dr Mel Gibson, a UK based comics scholar and consultant.

What have you done / what are you doing?
I lecture at Northumbria University. I also work with libraries, schools and other organisations in Britain and further afield, helping them understand how to develop collections of manga, comics and graphic novels, how to teach with them and how to promote them.

I write for professional academic and general audiences about comics. You can find out more here at Dr Mel Comics.

Why comics?
Eighteen years ago I was a librarian who wanted to encourage libraries to include comics in collections, because I loved the medium so much. One way or another, I’ve been working with comics ever since.

Further info:
http://www.dr-mel-comics.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment