20.10.11

Gary Bainbridge


Who are you?
Gary Bainbridge, artist, comics creator, adventurer.

What have you done / what are you doing?
I have self published a number of small press comics and artists books that are all set in, or are connected in some way to Newcastle. My latest work is Sugar Glider (with Daniel Clifford), an all ages Geordie kitchen sink superhero comic. I'll also have copies of Grainger Street, a subjective guide to the Toon, connected by my memories of walking up and down its streets. Or one street in particular. I have also self published a crime fiction comic series set in Newcastle; Nightbus told the tales of the city after dark and also features in my half of Show & Tell, an anthology of work by myself and Andrew Waugh. At the CCC, I'll be talking about my work and the importance of location in comics to anyone who'll listen.

Why comics?
Why do I make comics? Probably because I wasn't happy with the last one I made.

Further info:
http://unterweltcomics.blogspot.com
@GB_COMICS
Facebook Search: Sugar Glider Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment